1. You need flashcards, packs of 100 are often sold for a dollar. Bring in a pack for yourself, and even donate a pack to the class if you wish.
2. Project will be due Dec. 1 and we will work on completing in class. You may choose to print things for project at home.
3. I have attached instructions and examples.
4. You will have 22 completed flashcard containing a description of the amendment, a memory phrase and an illustration.
5. Searching "Memory phrases for the amendments" will give you some ideas. Here is one such site
1. We are preparing for a practice EOC. The practice exam will be on Nov. 7 (a day) and Nov. 9 (b day). This will cover all the material we have discussed this year. I am attaching a large study for all the material.
2. We are now starting Chapter 6. Our Chapter 6 test will be on Nov. 15th (a day) and Nov. 16th (b day). I am posting a study guide and chapter review.
Oct. 25th - A Day Test
Oct. 26th - B Day Test
Starting Chapter 6 this week.
We will be having a matching quiz next week on Monday and Tuesday. If you have not done the Preamble or your Chapter 5 workbook assignment you need to do them by the end of the quarter. I have logged a zero on PowerSchool for each assignment if you have not completed it.
Articles of Confederation- our country's first Constitution, some weaknesses were it had no president, it was hard to tax and hard to enforce laws.
The New Jersey Plan- favored equal representation for all states regardless of population.
The Virginia Plan- favored representation based on the population of the state
Federalists- wanted a strong national government, created the Constitution, wanted national government to be supreme
Anti-Federalists- wanted states to be supreme, wanted a weaker national government, worried about individual rights
Shays Rebellion- an event that caused people to want to change the Articles of Confederation
Constitutional Convention- meeting where the Articles of Confederation was replaced with the Constitution
Our Chapter 5 test will now be on Oct. 25th (A day) and Oct. 26th (B day). A study guide is posted. You are responsible for handing in Chapter 5 workbook material that was assigned for hurricane days.
Test Oct. 20th
If we do not have school on Thursday and/or Friday please be advised that there is work to do at home. You should be familiar with this powerpoint AND complete all work for the first two lessons in Chapter 5 of your workbook. This will be a graded assignment.
Let's Learn and let's have fun!